On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I welcome you to The Higher Education Leadership Network (HelNet). HelNet was formerly known as the Society for Promoting Research, Education, and Academic Development (SPREAD), and came into existence in 2012. It was initially composed of young academics in some Nigerian higher institutions as well as those who have business and interest in higher education development. HelNet promotes excellent academic research mentoring through its conferences and publications activities. HelNet now has members outside the shore of Nigeria.
Our mission is guided by the commitment to empowering young academics and research students to achieve their goals by providing access to high quality academic mentoring, networking and leadership. HelNet strives to promote in young academics and research students, a sense and habit of analytical and reflective thought, and an awareness of themselves as members of a democratic academic community. The HelNet will come together as a family in a prosperous atmosphere of growth and development; where each family member will have a responsibility in providing a positive mentoring and leadership skills.
At HelNet, our vision is to create a global platform that is conducive to learning, inspiring, growing, encouraging, and mentoring each individual to reach their full potentials while navigating the diverse transitions of academic life with a view to becoming productive members of global academic community.
HelNet embraces these basic core values that guide the fulfilment of its Mission:
- Excellence |We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in all we do; we exemplify this value by providing programmes and services that ensure excellence in academic leadership.
- Integrity |We seek to uphold the highest standard of ethics in academic work.
- Globalization|We seek to establish connections and relationships locally, nationally, and globally.
- Collaboration | We work together to achieve collective and individual goals.
- Passion | Our energy and enthusiasm are contagious. We are inspired to make a lasting impact.
In an effort to achieve the HealNet’s mission, HealNet will strive to fulfil the following goals and to assess them on a regular basis to ensure the quality of our programmes and activities:
- Develop, encourage, and support effective and creative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Provide appropriate support services for all beneficiaries that ensure success during early stage of their career.
- Create and maintain a network of members, providing a forum for the exchange of scholarly ideas and information both online and offline.
- Organise annual research colloquium for young academic and postgraduate students.
- Provide leadership training and development opportunities for young academic and postgraduate students.
- Organise Conference, Seminar and Workshop on academic and educational issues.